These vegan bbq meatballs are cheap, tasty, and full of protein. YUM.
Hi loves, happy Friday!
So today is going to be another mini post. I kind of like that better than cutting back to two posts a week anyways…like I mentioned earlier, I’d like to keep the three. Two is gonna be a last resort.
It’s been awhile since I posted a veggie burger recipe, which is a travesty since it’s grilling season and all. Btw, I wrote an article on One Green Planet on how to come up with your own vegan burger recipe…check it out here!
While this isn’t a veggie burger recipe, it’s pretty much derived from the same ingredients. White beans, veggies, chopped onion. I added sliced almonds to this because a)I had them on hand and b)a very non-vegan reason. I was listening to the audio book version of an Anthony Bourdain tome, and he was talking about how Kobe beef is so sought after because the marbled fat content makes them highly palatable.
Well, I could apply that to veggie burgers/meatballs easy-peasy. I ground up some almonds into the mix and that was that. I used almond because I had them on hand, but you can also use almond butter/peanut butter if you prefer.
Have a rockin’ weekend, folks! kiss kiss
Tasty Vegan BBQ Meatballs
- 1 lb carrots, peeled
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 cans of white beans, rinsed and drained (keep the aquafaba!)
- 2 cups of slivered almonds*
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- your fave bbq sauce
- Roughly chop the carrots, or break them up (into about 2-3 chunks each)
- Combine the carrots, beans, almonds, and cinnamon in a food processor till you get a coarse paste
- Preheat the oven to 450
- Work in the jalapeno and onion by hand
- Form into heaping-tbsp sized balls (you should end up with about 24-26) and place on a lightly-greased cookie sheet
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, turning once.
- Spoon bbq sauce over as desired
- Serve with love
*or 1/2 heaping cup of nut butter. if using nut butter, incorporate with a spoon/by hand (not in the food processor)