As you may (or may not) have noticed, I took a mini blog vacation. I’m back, sort of, because this is a little post and not a full-on post.
I wanted to make a good summer dish that didn’t require a lot of time in the kitchen and wasn’t complicated. Rice vermicelli was a good choice for this meal because it cooks in about four minutes. The peanut sauce comes together in about the same amount of time, and its so spicy and savory that you’re gonna want to put it all over everything. You don’t even need to worry about cooking the veggies, because their crispy freshness pairs well with the carby noodles and creamy, fatty sauce.
This dish can be consumed hot or cold, which is just what you want in the summer.
I’ll see y’all back on Friday for regular posts. 😚
Rice Noodles with Crispy Veg and Spicy Peanut Sauce
makes 4 servings
- one 9 oz package of Thai rice vermicelli
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- a handful of summer produce of choice
- 1 lb of Brussels sprouts, shaved
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 heaping 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tsp microplane grated garlic
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sriracha
- 2 tbsp liquid coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- optional — 1 tbsp crushed red pepper
- nuts of choice
- goji berries or cranberries
- Slice up the pepper
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat, until peanut butter melts and consistency becomes smooth
- Cook the vermicelli per package directions
- Toss the vermicelli together with the shaved sprouts, bell pepper, and seasonal fruit.
- Top with sauce
- Serve with love