Oh gosh. I’m sorry I’ve been a bit absent. Between running and being hyperfocused on studying for my boards and starting a new job next week and taking a beginning drawing class, I haven’t spent much time in the kitchen.
That’s why this sweet, cold dish is just perfect right now. Just blend up some frozen fruit, drizzle on an easy homemade magic shell, and go to town. It’s refreshing and filling. Not filling in an ughhhh-gotta-take-a-tap kind of way. Filling in a that-hit-the-spot-now-I’m-gonna-tackle-the-rest-of-my-day kind of way. I ate it right after a run, before heading to my art class.
Y’all, I’m so awkward with a charcoal stick and I’m probably the least advanced person in the class, but I LOVE it. Even if it is 40 minutes away. The folks I’ve met are chill and kind and I enjoy their company. And after spending all winter cooped up and sad, that feeling is just about as refreshing as this sundae.
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup of frozen cherries
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- almond milk
- cinnamon toasted oats -- hover for recipe
- 2-3 tbsp each of:
- coconut oil
- maple syrup
- cocoa powder
- Blend the cherries and one banana, with enough almond milk to make the blades move.
- Repeat step one with the blueberries.
- Place the ice cream in the freezer while you prepare the cinnamon toasted oats and the magic shell.
- Prepare the oats
- Combine the cocoa powder, the coconut oil, and the maple syrup until smooth.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer, scoop into a serving bowl.
- Drizzle heartily with tahini, magic shell, and oats. Top with additional berries if desired. Eat right away!